Hours of Registration

Monday through Friday (except State Holidays) 7:30 am - 3:30 pm

Forms Needed for Registration (please read "How to Enroll" for more details)



  • Documents from a previous school
  • Legal documents


School Information

Iliahi Elementary School

2035 California Avenue

Wahiawa, HI 96786

Phone: (808) 622-6411

Fax: (808) 622-6413

How to Enroll

Students enrolling in our public schools must have documentation proving they are residents of the state and if necessary, documents from their previous school and other legal documents. Resources and opt-outs exist for students in exceptional circumstances. The necessary information is detailed here.

Determining your school

Students must attend the school that serves the geographic area where they reside, unless they have an approved geographic exception form. You can search for your school using our SchoolSite Locator tool (new look coming June 2020) — when you enter an address, service boundaries for that area's elementary, middle and high school will be generated. Please contact the school directly to verify it is the correct school, as service boundaries can change.

​​​​New student registration

Walk-in/Mail-in: Enrollment forms and required documents can be mailed or dropped off at school offices. Registration hours at Iliahi Elementary School are Monday through Friday (except State Holidays) from 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Our school address is 2035 California Avenue, Wahiawa, Hawaii 96786.

Student transfers or withdrawal

Students transferring schools or withdrawing from school must contact the school at (808) 622-6411 for further information.

Required documents

Please gather the following documents and forms prior to beginning the enrollment process. For online registration, you will be required to upload the completed enrollment form and supporting documents (any format accepted, such as PDF, photo, jpeg).

  • Completed enrollment form (SIS10w)
  • Questionnaire to Determine Eligibility MV1 (McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (MVA): Families experiencing unstable housing are covered by enrollment guidelines provided in the McKinney-Vento Act. Please contact a community liaison in your area.
  • Student birth certificate: If the student is from a foreign country, the student’s passport or student visa is acceptable.
  • Valid photo ID of parent/guardian (e.g. driver's license, passport, state ID)
  • Proof of current address: Documentation by the parent or legal guardian that the child resides at an address within the school’s attendance boundary. (Link to our SchoolSite Locator​ to see school district boundaries and explore school locations.) Preferred documentation to establish proof of residence includes the following (at least one required for online registration, however a school may request additional documentation):
    • Rental/lease agreement, mortgage document, or current real property assessment document in the parent/guardian's name. A signed and accepted offer to a lease agreement from the leasing office is acceptable, if the following are included: Parent/legal guardian's name and signature with date of acceptance; residential address; effective date of offer; available unit date; and, deadline to respond date.
    • Utility bill for water, electric, gas or telephone that indicates that the billing is in the parent/guardian’s name and is being sent to the house; and
    • If the parent or legal guardian cannot provide documentation of legal residence because the parent/legal guardian is living with a relative/friend, a notarized statement by the relative/friend can be accepted by the school with the following stipulation:

(a) Notarized statement must state that the parent/legal guardian and child are living with the relative/friend;

(b) Notarized statement must state the name of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence;

(c) Notarized statement must state the same address of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence;

(d) A copy of the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence must be attached to the notarized statement; and (e) Notarized statement must be signed by same name of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence.

Please note that if a notarized statement is submitted, our school also requests for current valid Hawaii State Identification Card or Driver’s License with the Gold Star which reflects the legal parent/guardian’s name and address that is listed on the notarized note in addition to the above documents.

If a Hawaii State Identification Card or Driver’s License with the Gold Star is not available, two of the following documents which reflects the legal parent/guardian’s name and address that is listed on the notarized note are acceptable:

  • Checking or Saving Account Statement not more than two months old
  • Billing Statement (i.e. charge card bill) not more than two months old
  • Current Voter Notification Postcard (yellow card) that is not more than two months old
  • Medical card issued by a health insurance agency

Falsification of documents submitted is subject to penalty under Hawaii Revised Statutes 710-1063, resulting in the child being sent back to the school where he/she should properly be attending. The Department may pursue prosecution at its discretion.

Other documents, if applicable

  • Documents from a previous school: These can include a release packet with an unofficial transcript or latest report card, and for special education students, the Individual Education Plan. For 504 students, the 504 Plan.
  • Legal documents:
    • Power of Attorney if the child is not living with the parents.
    • Temporary Restraining Order.
    • Guardianship documents.
    • Legal name change.
    • Court orders.​

Student health and immunization requirements

We work in conjunction with the Department of Health to ensure that students meet key health requirements. All children attending school in Hawaii must have a signed and completed Student’s Health Record to document the following:

  • Tuberculosis (TB) clearance: (Requirement suspended through May 31, 2020) Please see below and visit the Department of Health website for more information:
  • Physical Examination: Must be completed within one year before:
    • First date of attendance at a preschool or school in Hawai‘i and
    • First date of attendance in the 7th grade.
  • Immunizations: Required immunizations depend on the age and/or grade of the student.
    • Beginning July 1, 2020, additional immunizations are required for students entering preschool, kindergarten, 7th grade, and all students entering school in Hawaii for the first time, regardless of age.
    • Children may be exempt from immunization requirements for medical or religious reasons.
  • Medications: If your child requires emergency rescue medications or other daily/routine prescribed medications, please fill out this form and take it to the school.

A student who does not have documentation of all the required immunizations or a physical examination may be allowed provisional entry with verification of an upcoming medical appointment.

If a child is experiencing unstable housing (per the McKinney-Vento Act) or is an undocumented immigrant, refugee, or seeking asylum (as established by Plyer v. Doe), he/she may enroll and attend class while a school arranges for the transfer of health records or while a Community Homeless Concerns Liaison assists the student in meeting health requirements.

Enrollment assistance

For questions regarding the registration process, forms, or school-related questions, please Iliahi Elementary School at (808) 622-6411.