The Iliahi Elementary School’s Student Council is comprised of 4th and 5th grade students who take on the roles of officers and representatives. The officers, or Executive board consists of the following:
- President (Grade 5)
- Vice President (Grade 4)
- Recording Secretary (Grade 5)
- Corresponding Secretary (Grade 4)
- Treasurer (Grade 5)
The officers are nominated and elected by fellow 3 and 4 graders in the ending of the previous school year. A leadership camp is planned for all elementary school student council officers in the Leilehua Complex
Two classroom representatives are nominated to represent each 4th and 5th grade classroom. There is an all-day training session for all student council members (officers and representatives) planned once the council is established for that school year. As with any other student activity program, all students must meet and maintain academic and behavioral criteria specified by their teachers an/or advisors.
The purpose of Student Council is to:
- Promote good citizenship and a positive image of the school.
- Plan, organize, and implement activities which benefit the school.
- Provide leadership experiences to develop leadership skills.
- Be an information linkage between the students, staff, parents and the community.
- Practice Parliamentary Procedure.
Listed are the activities and events that the Iliahi Student Council plans, organizes, and/or participates throughout the school year:
- Pennies for Patients
- Hurricane Katrina Relief
- Food Bank Food Drive
- Can, Bottles Recycling
- Day to Discover (HGEA)
- Welcome Assembly
- Spirit Week I and II
- Door Decorating Fest
- End of Year Assembly
- Election Campaign
- Leadership Training
- Officer’s Leadership Camp
- Project LEADER Trash-a-Thon
- WCBA Santa’s Parade
- Wahiawa Pineapple Fest. Parade
- Veteran’s Day Parade